Types of Meditation that can help you on your fertility journey
There are many types of meditation that can benefit you while you’re dealing with infertility. Here are 5 of my favourite types of meditation.
1. Fertility Visualization Meditation
imagining your womb as a temple or a nest, the perfect place to cultivate new life
picturing what you want to happen biologically – your anatomy, the egg, sperm, the embryo moving down the fallopian tube and implanting
2. Self-Compassion Meditation
sending kind and loving wishes to yourself and others (may you be happy, healthy, and safe)
this is a great type of meditation to practice when you have been comparing yourself to others, or when you have been thinking negatively about yourself and your body because of infertility
3. Mantra Meditation
- you pick a short phrase that you want to embody, and repeat it over and over in your head
- when your mind wanders, bring your attention back to your mantra
- you can say your mantra once each breath. If it’s one word (my favourites are “one” or “relief”), you can repeat it every inhale and again every exhale
4. Body Scan Meditation
bring your awareness to one body part at a time
start with your toes and work up to your head
- notice and accept any pain or discomfort
5. Mindfulness Meditation
observing the present moment, and accepting it as it is with no resistance or judgment
focusing on an “anchor” to keep you in the present moment (like your breath, or the sound of cars passing by), and bringing your mind back to the present moment whenever it wanders
When you figure out what types of meditation suit you best, it helps you feel soothed and supported even when you’re dealing with the stress of infertility.
Want to practice all 5 of these types of meditation?