Have we met? I’m Simone, and I help women with infertility and endometriosis get out of survival mode so that they can live their lives with more ease and joy.
After a year and a half of trying to conceive, I was thrilled and surprised to find out that I was pregnant. I had been practicing a variety of different meditation techniques every day for two months since I started attending a Mind-Body Fertility course at a Toronto hospital. When I started miscarrying, I had a toolkit of strategies and resources to fall back on that I had already been practicing. It amazed me how resilient I felt, even through the grief of pregnancy loss.
This horrible experience led me to quit my job as an elementary school teacher and start Feel Fully because I know how little emotional support most people get in the medicalized world of infertility and endometriosis. Now I co-facilitate that same course I took in 2019. We help women with infertility and going through IVF build a toolkit of calming techniques so that they can feel more resilient and self-compassionate on their fertility journey.
Do we have anything in common?
- I’ve trained as a yoga teacher, fertility and birth doula, French teacher and ESL teacher
- I have a Master’s degree from the University of Toronto
- I was diagnosed with endometriosis at age 30, after experiencing symptoms since age 13
- I’ve done 4 IVF cycles… and counting
- I’ve lived in Italy and Japan
- You can find me belting Adele in my car, playing the piano, or cuddling with my cat
infertility stress: what you absolutely need to know
The more you know about the stress you're experiencing and its source, the more you are able to empower yourself to bring more ease and calm into your fertility journey.